Bad News:

Over all my classes, I have two Savannas, three Ambers, two Morgans, three Hunters, two Hannahs, two Brittanys, two Bradleys, two Shelbys, four Brandons, and two Allisons.

Good News:

On their first assignment (an "I Am" Poem), they impressed me. On one line, they had to say what they worried about. I was sure most of them (especially the baby freshmen) would be worried about the new school and classes and finding their ways. Au contraire. They worried about the economy and troops at war and the national deficit. Sign of the times?

When they started writing their autobiographies, one student asked me if he could write his in third person "as if Samuel L. Jackson were narrating it." It's going to be a good semester.




This entry was posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    hales said...

    Samuel L=AWESOME!

  1. ... on August 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM