Is anyone getting the Swine Flu vaccine? They are offerring it free to teachers at my school, and I am undecided. I do not want to find out ten years down the road that my children are born without limbs because I took an underdeveloped vaccine. But, I don't want to get swine flu, either. I'm certain my students will leave swine flu infected germs all over my desks and boards and doorknobs and floors!

Same song, different verse. Have you been hearing in the news about these side effects that are ALREADY being found in people who took Gardasil (HPV vaccine)? I watched a segment on television (so it MUST be true) about it, and it turns out that Merck launched the huge campaign ("I will be one less with cervical cancer") before the vaccine was thoroughly tested. I know with every drug there will be side effects in a small population of the consumers, but this stuff freaks me out.



SIDE NOTE: I did, in fact, take one round of the three round Gardasil vaccine. Does this mean I will have a third of the side effects?




This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    hales said...

    I'm just leaving you a comment to tell you I'm not going to comment on this.

  1. ... on August 19, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
  2. Kelly said...

    FINE! When you have a four-legged niece or nephew, THEN you'll be sorry.

  3. ... on August 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
  4. Lindsey said...

    I'm not getting the swine flu vaccine. I have never had a flu shot and I've never had the flu and I ain't scared of no swine flu.

  5. ... on August 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM