Toms

Yes, I know these are trendy lately. I just can't help but love them! They have this effortless comfort look to them that just screams "SUMMERTIME!!!!!" I am currently coveting the canvas ones in ash gray.



The Black Apple Books Print

I know I've written about The Black Apple Etsy store before. I would buy every single one of their prints and love each of them dearly. Lately, my favorite print has been this one about books. Wouldn't it be lovely in my classroom?



e.e. cummings


"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful."

OB-SESSED. PERIOD.

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh . . . . And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new


Kelly Cutrone


Always the sucker for reality shows on BravoTV, I got hooked on her recent show because of the name: Kell on Earth. [NOTE: If ever I were going to be in a roller derby league, this would have to be my name.] In all seriousness, she is one badass bitch. She is a fashion publicist who has no qualms saying what she means; She handles business like no other and still has this rocker vibe. I am teetering on the idea of ordering her book, If You Have to Cry Go Outside: and Other Things Your Mother Never Told You. Who am I kidding? I'm ordering it now.



Celebrity Playlist Podcast

This podcast, usually about 20-30 minutes in length, features different celebrities who talk about which songs influence them. Most of the time, the celebrities are musicians (recent listens were She & Him, Mick Fleetwood, and Lady Gaga), and sometimes they have actors (Clint Eastwood's) and public figures (Perez Hilton). I love listening to this when I'm walking. It is short enough to be engaging and long enough to be informative. Love it!

Jim Burke's Blog

I feel giddy inside when he posts a new blog. Many writers have insightful things to say about teaching English; however, I always take something practical away from reading what he's written. He inspires me to be better without seeming arrogant. I was also excited to find out that he's the keynote speaker at the Alabama Council of Teachers of English Conference this October in Birmingham. Can't wait!






This entry was posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Lindsey said...

    Where can I get those shoes?

  1. ... on April 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
  2. Kelly said...

    http://www.toms.com/

  3. ... on April 18, 2010 at 5:12 PM