Just a little happy note...

I required my ninth graders to get a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird and my seniors to get a copy of And Then There Were None by the end of this six weeks so that we could read it later. I tried very hard to talk up both books in hopes of getting them interested. Today, I asked all my classes how many of them had already gotten their copy, and several of them had. In one class, a girl said, "I've already started reading mine," and at least four others started chiming in with, "me too!"s. They even had a short little discussion about the first few chapters. It was so encouraging! Of course, I have a few scrooge's who put in their two cents, but it was nice to hear some of them being excited about reading. GOOD DAY!


This entry was posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: