Today is Sunday, worst day of days. I don't usually dread work, but on Sundays I feel like I should pout about Monday coming (on principle). This week is going to be a hectic week.

WARNING: Complaining is about to begin.

A few months ago, I decided I was going to be a "good wife" and make dentist appointments for Blaine and me. The appointments rolled around earlier this month, and we both went. Blaine came back with a pretty smile and no problems, but I had a cavity. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! My very first cavity has finally surfaced. They told me I had to quit drinking carbonated drinks, because they are acidic. I don't think they understand how much that is asking, but that is another story. So, I have to go get a tooth-colored filling, and they scheduled it for this Tuesday at 3:30. Task #1 for this week.

I have been having some other health problems that I won't go into, but that doctor wants me to come in this week, and it HAS to be Tuesday at 2:00. Task #2.

One of the incredibly boring, repetitive, waste of time, have-to-have-this-for-professional-development new teacher meetings with the county is this Tuesday at 3:30. Task #3. Conflicts galore.

In-school basketball game tomorrow during 4th block, putting that class behind. Task #4. Faculty meeting about dreaded visit from the state department, Monday after school. Task #5. Dreaded visit from the state department, Tuesday. [Insert hoops to jump through.] Task #6.

Research, write lesson plans, make copies, grade papers, make all of this meaningful for the kids... tasks #7, 8, 9, 10, etc. Update resume and job hunt for next year... tasks #11 and 12.

Maintain sanity, buy groceries, do laundry, maintain sanity, spend time with husband, eat, exercise, maintain sanity. How do people balance their work and home lives?


This entry was posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    hales said...

    it's not possible!

  1. ... on January 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM