Since today is the last school day before Valentine's Day, I had the kids make Valetine's cards with haiku poems in them. They were able to choose the recipient and create a haiku with any tone they liked (funny, serious, loving, etc.)

They REALLY liked it; they generally like anything that allows them to use crayons. (Side note: So do I. I guess you never really grow out of that.) Anyway, I was impressed at what they came up with. Some of them did an outstanding job, and (nearly) all of them knew what a haiku was by the time they left. Right before the bell, I reminded them to give their cards to their Valentines. One little boy came up to me and had made me a card (sweet!). This was the haiku inside:

"Happy Valentines
Come to the movies with me
Don't tell your husband"


HAHA!


This entry was posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Lindsey said...

    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

  1. ... on February 13, 2009 at 5:19 PM  
  2. Lindsey said...

    okay, I just had to come back and read this one again; it was so entertaining to me the first time!

  3. ... on February 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    hahaha that is hilarious! i love it!

  5. ... on February 14, 2009 at 12:35 PM