I completely understand that "Notorious B.I.G." is to "Biggie" as "Puff Daddy" is to "Puffy", but...

My dad called tonight and said he had a very important question (note the sarcasm). He wanted to know...

When did "Snoop Doggy Dogg" drop the "Doggy" and become "Snoop Dogg"?



Does anyone know why he's leaving out the "Doggy"? Is he just getting more mature? Does he think just the "Snoop Dogg" sounds more refined? And, if so, does he ever throw in the "Doggy" if he's feeling crazy?





This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

    Hahaha - I don't know why he changed his name... but I definitely love the fact that your dad was the one who asked the question!! My dad secretly LOVES reality tv shows and it always cracks me up when he references something like Sunset Tan on E!

  1. ... on March 11, 2009 at 7:13 AM  
  2. Lindsey said...

    I think he is just getting old and doesn't feel like adding all those extra syllables.

  3. ... on March 12, 2009 at 7:47 AM  
  4. Kristin said...

    That is hilarious! I just now realized that he did, in fact, drop the "Doggy". My life is forever changed...

    LOL

  5. ... on March 12, 2009 at 9:03 PM