Things I Like Today:

1. Jenny Lewis's Acid Tongue CD



"To be lonely is a habit
Like smoking or taking drugs
And I've quit them both
But man, was it rough"


2. The "Sweet Home Alabama Act"

The Sweet Home Alabama Coalition (seriously, with the names?) is sponsoring a bill that calls for the taxation of electronic bingo gaming in Alabama. This bill will have to pass a two-thirds majority vote in both the house and senate before possibly going to the people for a vote in 2010.

My thoughts: Regardless of your religious and moral convictions, we all know that gambling goes on in Alabama. Even though the industry brings in billions of dollars a year, some Alabama citizens (I'm being nice here) don't want to tax it, because that would be "legitimizing" gambling.

If the bill passes, electronic gambling operations would have to pay taxes on the money that they are currently just pocketing, and that tax revenue would give a much needed boost to education and healthcare in Alabama (the same education and healthcare systems that undoubtedly serve the citizens against the bill and everyone else in Alabama).

3. Kings

There is a relatively new show that is coming on NBC Sunday nights called Kings. I haven't watched it yet, but I think I am going to catch up on the episodes I've missed and start keeping up with it. The show is supposed to be a modern-day retelling of the David and Goliath story. Also, the lead actor is none other than the beloved Ian McShane, formerly known as Al Swearengen.

King:


Hang-Dai:


Check out the show's particulars here.

4. UNC

I picked UNC to win March Madness this year. Guess who did the same?





This entry was posted on Thursday, March 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    hales said...

    sinner!

  1. ... on March 20, 2009 at 6:00 AM  
  2. Lisa said...

    I love love love me some Jenny Lewis! She's where the name of my blog originated!

  3. ... on March 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
  4. Blaine said...

    Ian McShane should be in every film and television show.

  5. ... on March 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM