I'm pretty sure this could save my marriage one day.

Anyone think I should order in bulk and give them out as presents?

As you all probably know, today is April Fools Day. I started all my classes out today with my own little teacher prank. To start the class, I told them they would need five sheets of paper each. As they reluctantly got out their paper, I proceeded to write the following essay outline on the board:

"-Topic - your choice (must be about a text we've read in class)
-length - 5 pages (front and back)
-must include - at least five quotations from the text, topic sentences and transitions

All essays must be thoughtful and error-free. You have the entire class period to finish. Turn in your completed work before you leave class today."

I went over the information with them, and told them that anyone seen talking would receive a zero for suspected cheating. Then, I said, "ok, let's get started" and walked back to my desk to sit down.

My first block class looked as if they were going to start crying (poor babies, it wasn't even eight o'clock yet). My third block class was more defiant, slamming down pencils and copping attitudes (classic senior response). My fourth block class just sat there and looked around at each other, waiting for someone else to start first.

MUAHAHA they totally took the bait.





This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    southern daze said...

    Very clever! I bet they were thrilled when you let them in on the secret. Although I may not have been as kind with the group that copped an attitude :-)

  1. ... on April 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM  
  2. Kristen said...

    you are killin me....hahahaha

  3. ... on April 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
  4. Stevie said...

    i read through, thinking of how much i would hate you that day as a student :), and then saw the kitty at the bottom and died out laughing.

  5. ... on April 9, 2009 at 5:16 AM