Happy Tuesday! I am strangely happy to be back at work after the break. I didn't think I would miss the kids while I was gone (and, honestly, I didn't), but it has been really nice seeing them again and getting caught up in all their lives.

The next couple of weeks are going to be heavily grammar-filled, because we still haven't covered some of the standards for the ninth graders. The students hate grammar, but I love teaching it. Grammar topics are cut and dry for the most part, and I feel like I do a good job teaching them. I guess we'll see how this goes.

I had a free wellness checkup at work yesterday that was provided by our insurance. They checked all my blood levels (glucose and cholesterol), checked my blood pressure and pulse, and then made me stick my foot in this thing that looked like a foot massager but did not massage. The results were pretty good, except that I have high cholesterol (supposed to be under 200 and mine is 228) and low bone density. I am supposed to stop eating anything relatively good and start exercising every free minute I have.

In other news, Julie @ wearingmascara.com is having an incredible giveaway in honor of her 300th blog post and her new switch to Wordpress.

Here is the loot:



- Photo Op Under Eye Brightener

- Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light

- Quench Moisture Rich Lip Gloss

- O-Glow

- Illuminating Serum

- Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst

- Eyeshadow Quad in Bright Eyed

CLICK HERE to find out how to enter, but I hope I win :)



This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Wearing Mascara said...

    Hey Kelly! Thanks sooo much for posting this and reading my blog. I really appreciate it!

    I'm GLAD you're teaching grammar and that you're passionate about it. It's so sad to see students current skills.. they need more teachers like you out there! :-) Have a great day!

  1. ... on April 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM