I worked out every single stinking day this week and gained one pound. If I was the kind of person who said "FML" (which I'm not), now would be the appropriate time.

SO...

I'm making a list of my favorite things of the week. They are (in no particular order):

The Black Apple (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=991)

I am in love with this store. I want every single print they have to offer! This past week, they made some of their prints into wearable lockets, and I had to FIGHT myself not to order one (at $50 a pop, I just couldn't do it). It's so hard to choose favorites, but these are some:

Mysterious Genevieve
The Quiet Room
Telephone Girl

Kanye West - Love Lockdown

I first heard this song during the abs section of a body pump class. Although I hate working out my abs with a passion, this song was just the one to pump me up and keep me going.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


Prom Night in Mississippi

I watched this HBO documentary tonight. It is about the town of Charleston, Mississippi, which had a segregated through the year 2007. In 2008, Morgan Freeman (a native of Charleston) offered to pay for the prom if they would integrate. The documentary interviews many of the students about the race issues in the town; it also explores the fight between doing what's always been done and making progressive changes. I could see my students in those kids, and of course I cried like a baby. It is a well-done, thought-provoking documentary.








This entry was posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    hales said...

    I know the feeling about working out and gaining weight... what makes it worse is when Freddie does the same workouts I do, eats more, and then does like 3 crunches and says he's lost 5 pounds and shows me how his pants are too loose. GRRRR!

  1. ... on July 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
  2. Blaine said...

    Haha, Freddie!

  3. ... on August 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM