Last night, B and I went to see Wolverine. I love superhero movies, and I especially love Hugh Jackman shirtless (see below).


Afterwards, we decided to go to Mellow Mushroom for the Dexateens' CD release show. I always love to hear them play. At one point, they covered "Gloria" by The Doors (G-L-O-R-I-A). I was thinking about that this morning, because I thought it was an odd thing for them to cover. (NOTE: I think I thought it was weird because Matt Patton sang it. It seemed that they morphed into a tame Model Citizen for just a minute.)

ANYWAY. I've decided that the Dexateens have a penchant for songs featuring girl names. They covered "Gloria" last night, and they have "Madelene," "Mary," "Nadine," and "Anna Lee" of their own. Now if they would only cover "Allison" by Elvis Costello, the world might explode. (ANOTHER NOTE: I actually love "Allison" by Elvis Costello, "Gloria," "Madelene," "Mary," "Nadine," and "Anna Lee." Maybe I also have a penchant for songs featuring girl names.)

I would also like to state for the record that they worked "Dixie Chicken" into the middle of "Maker's Mound." That is talent (and humor).


When we were leaving, I was closing out my tab and this frat daddy guy stumbled walked up beside me. There was a purse (not mine) on the bar in front of me, and he reached over for it. He started to look around, not in a creepy "I'm about to steal this purse" way but more in a "I know whose this is and I'm looking for her" way. I didn't think anything about it until he left and an unknown girl walks up and yells, "WHERE IS MY PURSE?" Of course, that guy had stolen it. I felt like the biggest jerk. I saw him do it, but I didn't think anything about it. I honestly thought he was looking for its owner. Of course, by the time we went looking for him, he had already gone. GRR

UPDATE: I took Piper to the vet. It turns out that it was not a herpes outbreak; it was just allergies. She got a (very expensive) allergy shot. We also found out she has gingivitis.



This entry was posted on Sunday, May 03, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    hales said...

    Long one! I think I may want to see Wolverine- everybody says it's good. Plus, isn't Charlay in it?

  1. ... on May 3, 2009 at 5:43 PM  
  2. Blaine said...

    Little known fact - "Gloria" is a Van Morrison song. He made it famous with one of his early bands, Them.

  3. ... on May 4, 2009 at 4:50 AM  
  4. Meghan said...

    gingivitis...
    haha, damn.

  5. ... on May 5, 2009 at 7:23 AM